Da Nang Cathedral

Tran Phu str, Da Nang, Vietnam
(Average 0 of 0 Ratings)
  • place-img
place-img

Located at 156 Tran Phu Street, Da Nang Cathedral was constructed by Louis Vallet, a priest who sketched the overall building on the land around the Rue du Musee (the present Tran Phu Street). Construction began in February 1923.
The candy-pink cathedral is nearly 70m high and was the only church built in Da Nang by the French colonialists. It was constructed in a Gothic style.
The grotto of Our Lady is behind the church, and its decoration is an adaptation of the grotto in Lourdes, France.
Da Nang Cathedral has many names: Tourane Cathedral (in the French colonial period), but local people often call it the Con Ga (rooster) Cathedral because of the weathercock made of light alloy on top of the steeple. According to an explanation from the priest, the rooster on top of the cathedral is not the emblem of France. In fact it is a symbol associated with St Peter’s story, written in the Gospels, reminding believers of repentance and awakening.

No Hotels Found.

Choose hotels from back-end to show in this section.

Popular Attractions

No Travellers Word

Leave a Review

Write a Review about Da Nang Cathedral

Our Recommendations

Map of Da Nang Cathedral

Top Tours