Long Son Pagoda

Hai Muoi Ba Thang Muoi str, Nha Trang, Vietnam
(Average 0 of 0 Ratings)
  • place-img
  • place-img
place-imgplace-img

Long Son Pagoda was previously known as Dang Long Tu and it is located at 23 October Street. It is located in the ward of Phuong Son, and sits at the foot of Trai Thuy mountain, in city of Nha Trang, just 400 m west of the railway station.
Long Son Pagoda was erected on another hill in 1886 under the abbotship of Thich Ngo Chi (1856–1935), who hailed from the district of Vinh Xuong in Khanh Hoa Province. Before joining the sangha, he was a participant in anti-French resistance forces that attempted to regain Vietnamese independence.
In 1900, after a large cyclone, the temple was destroyed and had to be moved from the hill to its current location. In 1936, the Buddhist Studies Association made the temple the headquarters of the Buddhist Association in Khanh Hoa Province. In 1940, the temple was renovated and expanded under the leadership of Thich Ton That Quyen and a lay Buddhist by the named of Vo Dinh Thuy. In 1968, the temple was heavily damaged during the Vietnam War, in particular the tiled roof. In 1971, Thich Thien Binh organised for the capital works program to restore the temple, which was around 60% complete in accordance with the plans of the architect Vo Dinh Diep when it was interrupted by the Fall of Saigon and the communist victory over South Vietnam

No Hotels Found.

Choose hotels from back-end to show in this section.

Popular Attractions

No Travellers Word

Leave a Review

Write a Review about Long Son Pagoda

Our Recommendations

Map of Long Son Pagoda

Top Tours